Careers at Energetiq
Energetiq is a growing company introducing breakthrough products using our patented Laser-Driven Light Source (LDLS™) and Electrodeless Z-Pinch™ EUV technology.
Supplier Quality Engineer
Energetiq is seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer to join a dynamic and growing technology company. As a key member of the Quality Department, you will play an integral role in product and supplier performance. You will have direct input and/or ownership for quality activities including product reviews, failure analyses, corrective actions, and continuous improvement projects. You will expand upon your technical skills and experiences by working to strengthen our LDLS and EUV products and to assure continued supplier quality and customer satisfaction. This position reports to the Vice President of Quality and Environmental Compliance.
- Work with our manufacturing team, suppliers, and coworkers to identify product or process issues, ensuring effective containment, and problem resolution for non-conformances.
- Lead problem solving and root cause analysis to eliminate recurrence of non‐conformances.
- Participate in the development of an effective product and process data recording system that is visual in representing performance and informative in prioritizing actions for improvement.
- As a member of the Product Team you will work closely with cross functional team members to prioritize and lead quality improvement activities within Energetiq or with our suppliers.
- Participate in Material Review Board (MRB) to review and disposition non-conformities.
- Provide support for product/process change (ECO) and new product development including technical benchmarking, capability assessments, compliances reviews and risk assessment.
- Work with supply chain management to ensure supplier performance is monitored, corrective actions implemented and that Energetiq is responsive to their requests and needs.
- As required, conduct internal and external audits to drive process standardization, waste elimination, and to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Support the ISO9001/14001 Quality and Environmental Management System.
- Support a “Zero Escape” quality culture throughout the Energetiq organization.
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering; 5-10 years related experience in manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of ISO9001 and ISO14001 and other recognized international quality and environmental compliance (RoHS, REACH) standards.
- Knowledge of problem-solving methodologies (8-D, Ishikawa, Pareto Analysis, Six Sigma tools, DMAIC, 5-why, (P)FMEA).
- Ability to read mechanical drawings (Solidworks).
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Responsive and respectful collaborator in cross-functional applications
- Supportive coaching skills used to promote quality mindset and continual improvement
- Organization- Ability to efficiently manage your time, workload, information, and resources. Ability to prioritize and not lose sight of assignments and priorities. Ability to proactively take initiative and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Time Management- Make sure your time is properly allocated and planned. Prioritization and the ability to work through distractions. Ability to successfully work remotely as determined by company COVID policy.
- Dependability and Reliability- Must be reliable when it comes to day-to-day work. Managers must be able to trust things are getting done correctly without having to micromanage. Reliable, prompt and courteous.
- Team Player- Ability to follow procedures and a willingness to learn and work well with all departments.
- Communication- This is a high visible role that requires interactions with all staff. Must be an excellent communicator who can write, speak well – in person and MS Teams and Zoom meetings.
- Experience working with laser and/or optics-based products, as well as PCB/ electronic controls.
- Experience working in a Clean Room environment.
- Advanced computer skills using the full MS Office suite
- Experience working with Lotus Notes.
Energetiq is a dynamic company, developing and manufacturing short wavelength light sources for use in advanced scientific and engineering applications.