Careers at Energetiq
Energetiq is a growing company introducing breakthrough products using our patented Laser-Driven Light Source (LDLS™) and Electrodeless Z-Pinch™ EUV technology.
Energetiq is seeking a Production Technician to join a dynamic and growing technology company. This position is responsible for the technical assembly needs for broadband Laser-Driven Light Source products. The individual will have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with the team in Wilmington, MA. The person will have exceptional sense of urgency/independence, enjoy strong interactions with team members from engineering/scientific personnel, and demonstrate the ability to utilize technical knowledge. This position reports to the Manufacturing Manager.
- Perform testing on products to ensure performance standards/specifications are met.
- Perform delicate bonding of optical components using complicated alignment fixtures.
- Assembly of integrated systems consisting of optical components and mechanical assemblies
- Complete work orders in an efficient manner and report delays/quality problems to Lead Test Engineer or manager.
- Responsibilities include maintenance, troubleshooting, and some repair of all mechanical equipment.
- Skill-level requirements vary from basic troubleshooting and preventive maintenance to component replacement.
- Ability to read blueprints and diagrams to determine the method and sequence of assembly of a part, machine, or piece of equipment.
- Use precision measuring instruments to verify dimensions; ensure specifications are met.
- Test the performance of electro-mechanical assemblies using instrumentation.
- Install electronic parts and hardware, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Gatekeeper for substandard product; quality inspection.
- Adhere to production test protocols and perform computerized record keeping.
- Utilize automated test processes and fixtures.
- Maintain shop organization and cleanliness.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Post-High School degree. Preferably an Associate or Technician degree.
- Several years of directly related System Test, Quality Assurance or direct experience with products in an Assembly, QC or Product Support environment.
- Experience with Quality Assurance and/or Quality Control Processes.
- Five to ten years’ experience including low volume, highly technical manufacturing environment.
- Experience with clean rooms, optics, analog and digital electronics, electrical power distribution, and computers.
- Able to quickly understand the technical complexities of manufacturing.
- Experience with lasers, laser optics, optics, optical metrology.
- Working knowledge Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access (forms).
- Organization- Ability to efficiently manage your time, workload, information, and resources. Ability to prioritize and not lose sight of assignments and priorities. Ability to proactively take initiative and complete tasks in a timely manner. Zero defect attitude with attention to detail.
- Time Management- Make sure your time is properly allocated and planned. Prioritization and the ability to work through distractions help keep you focused, and you know when it’s time to move from one task to the next. You must be conscientious of business hours and punctual to work, meetings and other scheduled functions.
- Dependability and Reliability- Must be reliable when it comes to day-to-day work. Managers must be able to trust things are getting done correctly without having to micromanage. Reliable, prompt and courteous. Must be a self-starter and willing to take coaching/constructive feedback.
- Team Player- Ability to participate and work well in a team and fast paced environment. Must follow procedures with a willingness to learn and work well with all departments.
- Communication- This is a highly visible role that requires interactions with all staff daily. Must be an excellent communicator who can write and speak well. Quality minded focus with an ability to communicate problems to Engineering as needed. Excellent English communication skills required.