Careers at EnergetiqEnergetiq is a small, growing company introducing breakthrough products using our patented Laser-Driven Light Source (LDLS™) and Electrodeless Z-Pinch™ EUV technology.
VP of Technical Marketing
Energetiq is seeking an strong candidate to drive the company innovation by working closely with our customers and anticipating the market needs in 3-5 years. The candidate must be well versed in the semiconductor equipment industry and have the ability to identify trends and work with the innovation team to drive new revolutionary product ideas. The candidate should have a strong technical background to be able to translate customer needs into product requirements. S/he will be part of the executive team to drive company strategy. This position reports to the CEO.
- Investigate new / emerging technologies, innovations and opportunities for expanding Energetiq’s platform reach
- Work closely with customers and potential markets identifying opportunities >$5M
- With the technology team, guide them to design, build and test essential proof-of-concept prototypes
- Ideate Patentable concepts in line with Innovation Strategy
- Develop concepts into commercially viable product offerings that expand the product portfolio in accordance with the concept stage gate development process
- Validate new product concepts and document in accordance with the NPI Concept & Feasibility stage.
- Identify M&A candidates that will compliment the Energetiq tech
- Investigate new / emerging technologies, innovations and opportunities, increase company knowledge and gather Insight.
- Keep up to date with latest technological developments, through attendance at trade shows, talking to universities etc. and attending internal and external training where appropriate
- Present Innovation / concepts to Innovation, Marketing and Technology Teams
- Filter and check feasibility of concepts. Liaise with other NPI departments.
- Communication with external / open innovation sources.
- Determine concept novelty / inventive step
- Participate in preparation of Patent Disclosure and assist Intellectual Property (IP) function to secure filing / grant of patent
- Assist in the handover of developed concept to NPI team. Attend appropriate NPI stage gate meetings. Provide support to Engineering function where required.
- Assist in the delivery of department and company objectives
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications
- BS in Physics or an Engineering Discipline, PhD preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the strategic technical marketing, 10 years preferred
- Great communicator
- Ability to build relationships with vendors and customers
The successful candidate:
- is a tinkerer and probably has a garage or basement full of tools and projects
- is intellectually curious, a passionate learner. She/he spends a great deal of personal time reading, trying, building and learning and can converse on a wide range of topics, both technical and social
- is a self starter who has already learned, through their own obsessive curiosity, how to find answers and expand her/his knowledge
- is motivated by making something tangible and testing it; paper studies just aren’t rewarding to this person
Energetiq is a dynamic company, developing and manufacturing short wavelength light sources for use in advanced scientific and engineering applications.