Careers at Energetiq
Energetiq is a growing company introducing breakthrough products using our patented Laser-Driven Light Source (LDLS™) and Electrodeless Z-Pinch™ EUV technology.
Senior/Principle Embedded System Engineer
Energetiq is seeking a Senior Embedded Systems Engineer to join a dynamic and growing technology company, working with a team of engineers and scientists bringing new products from development to production. The senior embedded systems engineer will lead the design and development of future Laser Driver Light Source (LDLS) systems. The right candidate will have a hardware and software background and show a competency in mix-signal electronic circuits, digital signal processing, and implementation in Real-Time Operating Systems. This position requires a level of curiosity and independent thinking to understand product goals to define system architectures and technical solutions to meet customer expectations. The right candidate must be able to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
- Lead a cross-functional team to design, develop, validate, and document innovative system solutions integrating hardware, firmware, and software components
- Lead the definition and development of system and sub-system design requirements based on input from customer requirements
- Lead the team in identifying and mitigating technical risks, product hazards, and failure modes
- Lead system integration, debug, test, and validation activities
- Support the transfer of new products from engineering to manufacturing and applications teams
- Contribute to and maintain product development best practices and processes.
- Mentor other electrical and system engineers
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field
- 10+ years hands-on design and development of embedded systems for instrumentation and control
- Proven experience with the process of architecting a system; needs analysis, functional breakdown, requirements development, and validation.
- Technical experience across the spectrum of electrical / computer engineering, including analog and digital design, PCB development, communication protocols, and EMC.
- Knowledge and experience with one or more programming languages such as C, C++, C#, Python
- Knowledge of optics, laser drivers, and the use of lab instrumentation (spectrometers, beam profilers, oscilloscopes, etc.)
- Experience with planning and estimation of tasks, milestones, resources, and budget
- Demonstration of Full product life-cycle experience is preferred
- Self-starter must be able to work independently with minimum supervision or direction.
- Must have a strong work ethic and ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing