Careers at Energetiq
Energetiq is a growing company introducing breakthrough products using our patented Laser-Driven Light Source (LDLS™) and Electrodeless Z-Pinch™ EUV technology.
Senior Scientist – Plasma Physics
The Senior Scientist – Plasma Physics will play the lead role in continuing development of Energetiq’s Electrodeless Z-Pinch EUV source product line. The scientist will conceive, plan and execute experiments intended to advance system performance, reliability, and serviceability. Opportunities may arise for developing the Electrodeless Z-Pinch platform for other applications beyond lithography and related metrology. These activities are expected to contribute significantly to Energetiq’s Intellectual Property portfolio and the Senior Scientist will be responsible for identifying and documenting IP generated.
While this role will be primarily dedicated to Z-Pinch technology development, the Senior Scientist will have opportunities to contribute in a consulting role to Energetiq’s Laser Drive Light Source plasma platform as well as other activities involving physical modeling, numerical analysis, and simulation.
The senior scientist will work with a team of physicists and engineers to design and perform the necessary experiments and to implement learnings into product as appropriate.
- Lead Energetiq’s effort to defend our lead position as EUV source supplier for semiconductor development and production.
- Extend the performance envelope of our Electrodeless Z-Pinch technology in order to enable more applications of the source.
- Develop a complete understanding of the physics of the Electrodeless Z-Pinch and use that understanding to extend performance.
- Develop first principles and empirical models as necessary to describe current performance and inform experiments.
- Design and execute experiments using a variety of standard, specialized, and custom optical and electronic instruments
- Develop and manage project budgets.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Ph.D. in physics or M.S. with extensive research experience
- Academic or industrial plasma research experience
- Extensive experience in modeling/simulation using commercial programs as well as self-built programs using tools such as Matlab or high level programming languages
- Strong knowledge of optics and optical physics
- Familiarity with power electronics and high voltage experiments
- Experience with vacuum systems and vacuum-UV optics is highly desired
- Demonstrated record of publishing and presenting results of original research
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and prints. Basic knowledge of machining, sheet metal fabrication, circuit board assembly, and assembly practices.
- Proficient with MS Office applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally, as required.
- Experience with products using optics and lasers.
- Experience with vacuum systems and vacuum-UV optics
- 10 years experience in Plasma R&D