Careers at Energetiq
Energetiq is a growing company introducing breakthrough products using our patented Laser-Driven Light Source (LDLS™) and Electrodeless Z-Pinch™ EUV technology.
Senior R&D Engineer
Energetiq is seeking a Senior R&D Engineer to join our dynamic and growing technology company, working with a team of scientists and engineers to carry out R&D projects in a technical capacity. The R&D Engineer will conduct experiments and evaluations of innovative designs for new products and integrated systems using Energetiq LDLS technology.
A successful candidate needs to have a deeper understanding and practical application of engineering fundamentals. The candidate should have experience in science and engineering projects relating to digital and analog circuit control, automated data acquisition, LabVIEW programming, optical sensors application, and digital camera control. This position reports to the Director of Technology.
- Use broad technical skills to provide engineering support for the design and development activities of new products. Participate in executing the development and cross-functional project tasks.
- Contribute to a culture of innovation by proactively generating novel concepts for new products and initiating performance enhancements to the existing products.
- Develop and execute test methods that specify measurement equipment, test set-up, measurement systems analysis, and data analysis.
- Execute quick turn prototyping, PCB bring-up, debugging, verification testing, and performance characterization of new concepts and products.
- Development and execution of testing protocols: Support exploratory testing to define test equipment, test fixtures, and test methods development. Participate in new skill training, test methods validation, and execution of testing as needed.
- Be able to carefully document and communicate test and measurement results. Proficient in writing detailed technical reports based on design verification analysis and product development activities.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in science and engineering (Electrical Engineering, Physics, Optical Engineering). A post-graduate degree is desired.
- 5 to 10 years of related work experience is required in R&D operations (a combination of work experience and advanced degrees).
- Some experiences in PCB bring-up, debugging, verification testing, and performance characterization are desirable. Experience in PC-based tools and application development (using LabVIEW, MatLab, Python, etc.) to test embedded systems.
- Proficient in using instrumentation communication protocols, digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, PC data acquisition hardware, inspection equipment, signal generators, and power supplies. An understanding of PC based tools for testing embedded firmware is desirable.
- Skilled with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Demonstrated ability to utilize statistical tools and analysis.
- Experience with switching power supplies and highly regulated current drivers (Laser diode drivers and TEC controllers) are strongly desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, with the drive and initiative to carry out projects according to plan, and the ability to quickly adapt in a fast-changing environment. Ability to rapidly acquire new skills and to work with new tools and technologies with minimal support.