Careers at Energetiq
Energetiq is a growing company introducing breakthrough products using our patented Laser-Driven Light Source (LDLS™) and Electrodeless Z-Pinch™ EUV technology.
Senior Cost Accountant/Cost Analyst
- Analyze Bill of materials, labor operations, burden rates, inventory valuation, cost of sales and gross margin
- Assist in controlling activities including but not limited to determining product costs and profitability
- Responsible for calculating Inventory Turnovers and provide suggestions for improvement
- Assist the Accounting Manager in month-end activities: preparation of journal entries and supporting schedules, regulatory reports and variance analysis, reconciliation of inventory, creating reports and charts for inventory turnover calculation by product line, etc.
- Participate in the preparation of monthly reporting to corporate headquarters
- Prepare inventory aging reports on a monthly basis and highlighting at-risk inventory mid-month to the operations and Sales teams
- Support cost accounting activities including handling standard costing and managing PPV
- Assist the VP of Finance in year-end budgeting and quarterly forecasting activities
- Assist/perform value/financial analyses in such areas as new products, materials, manufacturing processes, pricing, etc.
- Working with the sales team to provide reports on actual and forecasted sales on a weekly basis
- Maintain and improve our processes and procedures
- Ad hoc analyses and projects, as needed
- Prepare statistics for periodic and yearly financial statements, including the preparation of charts and graphs showing progress, conditions and results.
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
- Minimum 3-5 years of finance experience
- Strong management/organizational skills with proven ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must understand Cost accounting principles; experience with manufacturing companies
- Must have experience with an ERP package; Syspro (Big plus)
- Must have working knowledge of GAAP accounting principles
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to interact rationally with all personnel
- Be able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Attention to detail required
- Results oriented, multi-tasking, and be able to respond to urgent needs and meeting deadlines
- Experience demonstrating problem solving and root cause analysis
- Impeccable skills with MS-Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools a huge plus (i.e. SQL, MS Access)
Energetiq is a dynamic company, developing and manufacturing short wavelength light sources for use in advanced scientific and engineering applications.