Careers at Energetiq
Energetiq is a growing company introducing breakthrough products using our patented Laser-Driven Light Source (LDLS™) and Electrodeless Z-Pinch™ EUV technology.
Energetiq is seeking a talented and experienced Senior Buyer to join our dynamic and growing technology company. This position reports to the Director of Supply Chain. In this position you will be responsible to schedules, orders and coordinates the delivery of parts/materials, equipment and services used in product manufacturing according to production plans. Controls the inventory of assigned production parts/materials in accordance with management objectives. Expedites requirements as needed (e.g., order action, shortage/pre-shortage, late order reports). Establishes standard cost on assigned production parts/materials for approval by management. Assist in the selection of new suppliers and acts as a primary contact with suppliers. Resolves problems with assigned production parts/materials, equipment, or supplier orders. As a cross-functional team member, represents supply chain and takes actions necessary to support quoting, production, cost savings inventory initiatives, quality/complaint investigations and other supply chain related activities.
- Prepares instructions and oversees purchasing systems and procedures; reviews purchase orders and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Prepared RFQ for suppliers and negotiated competitive pricing.
- Responsible for tactical procurement parts/materials in support of the production schedules as messaged by MRP.
- Select suppliers from current ASL. Ensures suppliers capability match job requirements.
- Procures all products to necessary dock dates to ensure on-time production starts per production schedule.
- Ensures materials are utilized to minimize excess and obsolescence exposure.
- Develop cost reduction programs with suppliers to ensure an annual reduction is achieved per company objectives.
- Support NPD procurement activity.
- Manage change due to ECO activity with suppliers.
- Managing and maintaining supplier programs, including the implementation of Kanban Replenishment, Consigned Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) Programs.
- Supplier Performance Management – responsible for working with quality on supplier report cards to insure that plans of action are developed and implemented for improving poor performing suppliers.
- Leads cross-functional teams chartered to perform Supply Chain related continual improvement and/or problem solving.
- Ensure all operations adhere to laws guidelines, and ISO requirements.
- Develop and maintain ISO documentation as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- 6 to 8 years of experience as a senior buyer
- Bachelor’s Degree in business
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems is a must.
- Strong negotiating skill.
- Proven track record of cost reductions.
- Solid understanding of procurement and supplier management.
- Understanding of demand-pull models of supply.
- Ability to establish strategic inventory requirements along with stocking strategy.
- Ability to communicate verbally and written in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience interfacing cross-functionally within the organization to include engineering, accounts payable, etc.
- Outstanding problem solving and organizational skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Office.
- Ability to thrive in a small, growing, and fast-paced environment.