Careers at Energetiq
Energetiq is a growing company introducing breakthrough products using our patented Laser-Driven Light Source (LDLS™) and Electrodeless Z-Pinch™ EUV technology.
Energetiq is seeking an R&D Engineer to join our dynamic and growing technology company, working with a team of scientists and engineers to support R&D efforts in a technical capacity. The R&D Engineer will conduct tests and measurements of new product designs for advanced light sources and integrated systems using Energetiq LDLS technology. A successful candidate needs to have a clear understanding and practical application of engineering fundamentals. The candidate needs experience in technical support projects, desirably in digital and analog circuit control, automated data acquisition, LabVIEW programming, optical sensors application, and digital camera control. This position reports to the Senior Director of Technology.
- Use broad technical skills to provide engineering support for the design and development activities of new products. Participate in executing the development and cross-functional project tasks.
- Contribute to a culture of innovation by proactively generating novel ideas for new products and enhancements to current product performance.
- Develop and execute test methods that specify measurement equipment, test system set-up, data acquisition, and analysis.
- Execute quick-turn prototyping, PCB bring-up, debugging, design verification, and performance characterization of new concepts and products.
- Participate in new skill training, test methods validation, and execution of testing as needed.
- Be able to effectively document and communicate measurement results. Proficient in writing detailed technical reports based on experimental measurements and product characterizations.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in science and engineering (Electrical Engineering, Physics, Optical Engineering). A post-graduate degree is highly desirable.
- 1 to 5 years of related work experience is required in R&D operations (a combination of work experience and advanced degrees).
- Experience in PC-based tools and application development (using LabVIEW, MatLab, and Python) to test embedded systems.
- Experienced in using instrumentation communication protocols, digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, PC data acquisition hardware, inspection equipment, signal generators, and power supplies.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Demonstrated ability to utilize statistical tools and analysis.
- The candidate needs to have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Be self-motivated, with the drive and initiative to carry out projects according to plan, and the ability to quickly adapt in a fast-changing environment. Have the ability to rapidly acquire new skills and work with new tools and technologies with limited support.
- An understanding of PC-based tools for testing embedded firmware
- Experiences in PCB bring-up, debugging, verification testing, and performance characterization
- Experiences in switching power supplies and highly regulated current drivers (TEC controllers and Laser Diode drivers)