Careers at EnergetiqEnergetiq is a small, growing company introducing breakthrough products using our patented laser-driven light source technology.
Coordinate and manage the production planning and scheduling for the manufacture of optical systems and subsystems. Work closely with the Manufacturing Manager and the Director of Supply Chain to make sound business decisions that positively impact the ability to meet the needs of our customers while satisfying quality, inventory, cost and delivery requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages all planning inputs: Sales orders, OEM forecasts, custom / special orders, and strategic build plans.
- Manages the planning function and the planning interface with OEM customers.
- Maintains consolidated sales forecasts in the MRP system.
- Using the MRP system, translates the consolidated sales forecasts into a master production schedule / build schedule.
- Performs load leveling on the build plan to allow for resource restrictions.
- Generates requisitions to buy materials.
- Evaluates and creates reschedule requirements for buyers.
- Prepares and distributes weekly production schedules / work order dispatch lists.
- Monitors daily schedule status and communicates scheduling problems or concerns to Management.
- Participates in, or leads in the absence of the Production Manager, the daily production meetings on the shop floor.
- Confers with the Production Manager to determine the status of schedules and materials to revise schedules, as necessary, to meet customer demands.
- Assist management to resolve problems with late shipments, material shortages, customer schedule changes, and cancellations of customer orders.
- Proposes, gains approval for, and leads implementation of improved planning methods, tools, and reports.
- Prepares production reports.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Plans engineering changes to ensure ECN instructions are clear and complied with; works with production and purchasing to stop procurement of material affected by change, keeps designated engineers and sales personnel informed of ECN implementation status; coordinates proper rotation of inventory to minimize scrap/reworked parts during implementation.
- Prepares, coordinates, and participates in physical inventory counts.
- Manages the cycle counting program and troubleshoots quantity discrepancies.
- Ensures ERP warehouse transfer demand is transacted.
- Ensures inventory transactions and adjustments are processed.
- Arranges the pull of material kits for orders.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Initiates and coordinates vendor corrective action for non conforming material receipts.
- Initiates and coordinates internal corrective action for internal quality problems.
- Administers the ECO system. Follows up on actions, prepares reports, and leads the ECO portion of the weekly production meeting.
- B.S. degree or equivalent in business administration, supply chain management, or operations management.
- 5 years experience planning and scheduling a manufacturing facility
- Fluency and proficiency in the practical application of MRP logic, scheduling logic, order policies, capacity planning, input/output control, product structures, routings, and standards maintenance. Experience with SysPro preferred.
- Knowledgeable in master scheduling, production planning and detailed scheduling, demand management, purchasing, and cost accounting techniques.
- Experience with inventory management.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Extremely organized
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills required with the ability to work well with all levels of employees and internal departments in a diverse environment.
- Experience and familiarity with Lean Manufacturing concepts.