Careers at EnergetiqEnergetiq is a small, growing company introducing breakthrough products using our patented laser-driven light source technology.
Energetiq is seeking an Opto-Mechanical Engineer to join a dynamic and growing technology company, working with a team of engineers and scientists bringing new products from development to production. The Opto-Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for executing new product designs for advanced light sources and integrated systems for a range of applications leveraging Energetiq LDLS technology. The successful candidate will have experience with optical system design focused on Design for Manufacturing and productization. The candidate requires skills and experience over a broad range, including high power diode lasers, fiber and free space coupled optics, collection optics, and spectrometer design. Designs are expected to follow current best practices for DFM, DFT, and reliability/quality (including adherence to relevant safety/regulatory/certification requirements). This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
- Responsible for the design of optical systems for advance light sources from concept to production.
- Support evaluating, characterizing optical elements, components, and fixtures. Modeling, prototyping, evaluating, and characterizing optical elements and mounts for next generation optical systems
- Execute new optical designs with a focus on manufacturability
- Perform analysis of optics, mounting strategies, detailed geometric tolerances, manufacturability, and cost.
- Support current platforms with optical analysis, enhancements and improvements where needed
- Support manufacturing engineering as necessary and provide appropriate tools and techniques to the service organization
- Adhere to best practices for documentation
- Bachelor's degree in Physics, Optical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering; Masters preferred
- 5+ years hands-on design and development in analytical instrumentation or related industry.
- Proficient with optical analysis, including sequential and non-sequential analysis, using Zemax or equivalent tools
- Proficient in DFM and manufacturing process development
- Experience with process fixturing and optical system calibration
- Proficient with laboratory instrumentation
- Proficient with MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint
- Familiar with a variety of illumination sources and design concepts: lasers, flash lamps, LEDs, halogen source.
- Experience with fiber and free space coupled optics, collection optics, and spectrometer design
- Experience with Solidworks, Matlab, and/or Python