Careers at Energetiq
Energetiq is a growing company introducing breakthrough products using our patented Laser-Driven Light Source (LDLS™) and Electrodeless Z-Pinch™ EUV technology.
Energetiq is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join a dynamic and growing technology company, working with a team of engineers and scientists bringing new products from development to production. In this role you will be responsible for developing and expanding the commercially available laser driven light source portfolio. A successful candidate will have a strong understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals (structural, thermal, flow and vibration analysis), mechanical design for machined and sheet metal components, and knowledge of GD&T and mechanical tolerance analysis. Designs are expected to follow current best practices for DFM, DFT, and reliability/quality (including adherence to relevant safety/regulatory/certification requirements). The right candidate must be able to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities.
- Responsible for the design of mechanical systems from concept to release to manufacturing.
- Create mechanical (and opto-mechanical) systems/sub-systems to meet performance requirements
- Perform analytical analysis for thermal and structural components and sub-modules
- Analyzes sources of design variation at system and subsystem level by performing tolerance (mechanical tolerance stack-up) analysis
- Participates in FMEA/DFMEA, risk assessment and mitigation activities
- Support driving full documentation of design including, BOM, drawings, and procedures
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical Engineering; Masters preferred
- 5+ years hands-on design and development; Analytical instrumentation or related industry preferred
- Full proficient with Solidworks and a high level of demonstrated experience using FEA (Solidworks Simulation and/or Ansys)
- Expertise in designing parts for of a variety of manufacturing processes: machining, casting, sheet metal, plastics, fabricated assemblies, etc
- Proficient in DFM and manufacturing process development
- Understanding of Optics and Opto-mechanical concepts (desired)
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats
- Ability to organize work effectively and having a systematic approach in problem solving in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time
Energetiq is a dynamic company, developing and manufacturing short wavelength light sources for use in advanced scientific and engineering applications.