Careers at EnergetiqEnergetiq is a small, growing company introducing breakthrough products using our patented laser-driven light source technology.
Materials Manager / Director
An excellent opportunity for a hands-on individual looking to gain broad experience to support a career path in materials and supply chain management. As the Materials Manager / Director, you oversee our inventory, supply chain, planning and purchasing operations to support ongoing and future customer demands.
Supply Chain Management
- Manage the cradle to grave supply chain process from proposal activities through subcontract closure, whether for make or buy parts, services, commercial off the shelf products/services, engineering products/services or parts made to specifications.
- Identify & coordinate the qualification of new suppliers and contract manufacturers.
- Negotiate pricing and supply agreements.
- Manage relationships with supplier base.
- Identify tools, processes and metrics to optimize supplier value.
- Audit and monitor suppliers and develop programs for improvement
- Provide support to R&D for rapid development of new products.
- Facilitate technology and data transfer to contract manufacturers.
- Purchase raw materials, contracted assemblies, and services.
- Ensure timely, cost-effective purchases, supporting the master production schedule and inventory targets.
- Ensure all MRP actions such as order, expedite, push-out or cancel are completed in a timely manner.
- Manage planning function to ensure optimal production to meet customer and forecasted requirements.
- Maintain the appropriate level and mix of stock to support planned production.
- Ensure inventory accuracy
Qualifications & Experience
- BS in Materials Management or a relevant field
- At least 5 years progressive management experience in sourcing and procurement within a design and manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience with the procurement of commodity parts, machined parts, sheet metal components, optics, and PCBs.
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Prior experience with project buying for an R&D development team in a dynamic environment.
- Highly efficient with the ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Ability to contribute in a cross functional collaborative environment.
- Working knowledge and understanding of ERP/MRP systems and their use in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with KANBAN and JIT systems.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with expertise in using MS Excel and Access.
- Extremely organized and able to multi-task.
- Knowledge of and existing relationships with the New England supply base
- Experience in semiconductor industry preferred.