Careers at EnergetiqEnergetiq is a small, growing company introducing breakthrough products using our patented Laser-Driven Light Source (LDLS™) and Electrodeless Z-Pinch™ EUV technology.
The Manufacturing Technician is responsible for the technical assembly needs for broadband Laser-Driven Light Source products. She/he will be responsible for manufacturing and assembly of the company products. The individual will have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with the team in Wilmington, MA. The person will have exceptional customer support skills, enjoy strong interactions with team members from engineering and scientific personnel, and demonstrate the ability to utilize technical knowledge.
- Perform testing on products to ensure performance standards are met.
- Perform highly accurate bonding of optical components using sophisticated and delicate alignment fixtures.
- Assembly of integrated systems consisting of optical components and mechanical assemblies.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely fashion. Immediately report schedule delays or quality problems to Lead Test Engineer or department manager.
- Responsibilities include maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of all mechanical equipment.
- Skill level requirements vary from basic troubleshooting and preventive maintenance to component replacement.
- Read blueprints, schematics, and diagrams to determine the method and sequence of assembly of a part, machine, or piece of equipment.
- Verify dimensions of parts, using precision measuring instruments, to ensure that specifications are met.
- Test the performance of electro-mechanical assemblies, using test instruments.
- Install electronic parts and hardware, using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Will not let substandard product pass through production.
- Adhere to production test protocols and perform computerized record keeping.
- Utilize automated test processes and fixtures.
- Maintain shop organization and cleanliness.
Qualifications & Skills
- Post-High School degree. Preferably an Associate or Technician degree.
- Several years of directly related System Test, Quality Assurance or direct experience with products in an Assembly, QC or Product Support environment.
- Past experience with Quality Assurance or Quality Control Processes.
- Five to ten years’ experience including low volume, highly technical content manufacturing environment preferably with clean rooms, optics, analog and digital electronics, electrical power distribution, and computers.
- Strong preference for experience with lasers, laser optics, optics, optical metrology.
- Working knowledge of tools such as MS Word & MS Excel
- Able to quickly comprehend the technical complexities and requirements of the job. •
- Impeccable attention to detail. Good organizational skills.
- Must be a self-starter.
- A willingness to take coaching & constructive feedback.
- Ability to participate and work well in a team.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong presentation, analytical and customer service skills complimented by an aggressive and solutions- oriented track record.
- An attention to detail and a quality minded focus.
- Excellent English communication skills