Careers at EnergetiqEnergetiq is a small, growing company introducing breakthrough products using our patented Laser-Driven Light Source (LDLS™) and Electrodeless Z-Pinch™ EUV technology.
Junior R&D Engineer/Scientist
Energetiq is seeking a Junior R&D Engineer/Scientist to join our dynamic and growing technology company, working with a team of scientists and engineers to assist with R&D efforts in a technical capacity. The R&D Engineer/Scientist will carry out tests and measurements of new product designs for advanced light sources and integrated systems using Energetiq LDLS technology. A successful candidate needs to have a clear knowledge and practical application of engineering fundamentals. The candidate should have experience with technical projects, desirably digital and analog circuit control, automated data acquisition, LabVIEW programming, optical sensors application, and digital camera control. FIRST Robotics Program scholarship recipients or participants are welcome to apply. This position report to the Director of Technology and Applications.
- Use broad technical skills to provide engineering assistance with the design and development activities of new products. Participate in executing the development and cross-functional project tasks.
- Contribute to a culture of innovation by proactively generating novel concepts for new products and enhancements to current product performance.
- Develop and execute test methods that specify measurement equipment, test set-up, measurement systems and data review.
- Execute quick turn prototyping, PCB bring-up, debugging, verification testing, and performance characterization of new concepts and products.
- Development and execution of testing protocols: exploratory testing to define test equipment, test fixtures, and test methods development. Participate in new skill training, test methods validation, and execution of testing as needed.
- Be able to effectively document and communicate test and measurement results. Proficiency in writing detailed technical reports based on design verification and testing for product development activities.
Qualifications & Skills
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in science and engineering (Electrical Engineering, Physics, Optical Engineering). A post-graduate degree is desired.
- 1 to 3 years of related work experience is required in R&D operations (a combination of work experience and advanced degrees).
- Some experiences in PCB bring-up, debugging, verification testing, and performance characterization are desirable. Experience in PC-based tools and application development (using LabVIEW, MatLab, Python, etc.) to test embedded systems.
- Proficiency in using instrumentation communication protocols, digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, PC data acquisition hardware, inspection equipment, signal generators, and power supplies. Previous experience with PC based tools for testing embedded firmware is desirable.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Demonstrated ability to utilize statistical tools and analysis.
- Experience with switching power supplies and highly regulated current drivers (TEC controllers and Laser Diode drivers strongly desired).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, with the drive and initiative to carry out projects according to plan, and the ability to quickly adapt in a fast-changing environment. Ability to rapidly acquire new skills and to work with new tools and technologies.