Careers at EnergetiqEnergetiq is a small, growing company introducing breakthrough products using our patented laser-driven light source technology.
Electrical Design Engineer
Energetiq is seeking an Electrical Design Engineer to join a dynamic and growing technology company. The electrical design engineer will be responsible for architecting and executing new product and platform designs, along with supporting current products through their product lifecycle. The successful candidate will have wide ranging skills and experience spanning high voltage, high precision mixed signal, and embedded system design and development. The role will involve circuit design, schematic capture, layout management, test, and debug. Designs are expected to follow current best practices for DFM, DFT, and reliability/quality (including adherence to relevant safety/regulatory/certification requirements). This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
- Define design approach for new product and platforms and generate design specifications
- Execute new product designs personally, and oversee outsourced resources where appropriate
- Execute quick turn prototyping, PCB bring-up, debugging, verification testing, and performance characterization of new designs
- Support current platforms with enhancements and improvements where needed
- Support manufacturing engineering as necessary and provide appropriate tools and techniques to the service organization
- Execute/manage compliance testing and documentation
- Adhere to best practices for documentation and version control
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE); Masters (MSEE) preferred
- 5+ years hands-on design and development of high precision mixed signal control circuitry and/or embedded systems.
- Proficient with one or more schematic capture tools (PADS, Altium, etc.)
- Proficient in PCB bring-up, debugging, verification testing, and performance characterization
- Proficient with laboratory instrumentation
- Proficient with MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with switching power supplies and highly regulated current drivers (e.g. TEC controllers and Laser Diode drivers strongly desired)
- Experience in embedded system development (Linux RTOS)
- Experience with typical embedded systems tools, compilers, debuggers and IDEs
- Experience in PC-based tools and application development (LabVIEW, Python, etc.) to test embedded systems
- Knowledge of instrumentation communication protocols