Careers at Energetiq
Energetiq is a growing company introducing breakthrough products using our patented Laser-Driven Light Source (LDLS™) and Electrodeless Z-Pinch™ EUV technology.
Director of Quality and Environmental Compliance
The Director of Quality and Environmental Compliance is responsible for the Energetiq integrated quality and environmental management system, overall product and process quality leadership, and our employee health and safety program (EH&S). As a member of the management team, you will develop and implement quality strategy that is aligned to evolving customer needs, facilitate functional processes ownership and develop metrics of performance directed toward continuous improvement of our customer’s experience with Energetiq.
You will have direct involvement in internal and field-based problem solving, manufacturing/supplier quality, corrective action plan development and effective communication within the organization as a standard practice. The Director will manage relationships internally, with suppliers and with our customers. Annual ISO registration, EH&S, and the needs for product regulatory compliance for RoHS, Reach, etc. will be satisfied. The Director of Quality and Environmental Compliance manages a growing staff and reports to the COO.
- Leads Energetiq’s effort to always be our customer’s best alternative by providing responsive, fact-based exchanges based on electrical-mechanical-optical-laser based engineering product characteristics.
- Manages the integrated ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Management System.
- Ensures effective and expeditious resolution of customer issues related to quality and responsiveness.
- Addresses defect prevention through review of field quality history, production test yield, non-conforming material analysis and KPI’s.
- Effectively disseminates product data and technical information for decision making.
- Oversees/supports MRB activities through review of rejects and disposition of materials.
- Supports qualification of new suppliers and resolution of supplier quality issues.
- Ensures supplier quality through audits, performance tracking and resolution quality excursions.
- Develops quality planning methods for all product lines, extending into critical supplier processes.
- Identifies and coordinates the quality training needs of the organization.
- Identifies Quality improvement opportunities. Leads and/or facilitates Kaizen teams and events.
- Works with Engineering and the Supply Chain teams to qualify Suppliers.
- Participates in product test and qualification protocols to assure design changes are validated.
- Work closely with Engineering and participate in new product development processes and launches.
- Manages product compliance certifications including RoHS, Reach, UL, FCC, and CE directives.
- Leads the EH&S effort and related ISO 14001 requirements.
- Develops and manages department budgets.
- Coaches, develops, and mentors Quality employees.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Optical Engineering or similar technical field.
- 10-15 years of quality leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with an integrated ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Management System.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and prints. Knowledge of machining, sheet metal fabrication, circuit board assembly, and assembly practices.
- Proficient with MS Office applications with Advanced Excel capability and demonstrated experience with metrics development and data analysis.
- Experience with ERP, PDM and CAD, ECAD systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of preparing reports and presenting them to customers in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally, as required.
- Experience with products using optics and lasers.
- Understanding of domestic and international regulatory and compliance schemes: UL, IEC, FCC, and CE Directives (LVD, EMC, RoHS, REACH, CA65, Energy Efficiency).
- ASQ CQE certification.
- Certified Six Sigma Green or Black Belt.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing.