Careers at Energetiq
Energetiq is a small, growing company introducing breakthrough products using our patented laser-driven light source technology.
Senior Research Scientist
The Senior Research Scientist is responsible for designing and undertaking technical investigations and scientific experiments, and analyzing and interpreting results. The Research Scientist needs to accumulate job-related knowledge through a continuous learning process and provide consultation on technical issues to colleagues and customers. The Research Scientist will work with sales and the customers to deliver innovative solutions to meet the customer’s needs, and work with engineers to realize these solutions in low volume manufacturing. The successful candidate must be able to conduct business professionally, as well as build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, customers, and suppliers.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Develop fundamental understandings of EUV (Extreme Ultraviolet) light sources and LDLS (Laser-Driven Light Source) through literature study and experimentation.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge related to EUV and LDLS applications in various industrial fields
- Design and systematically execute experiments
- Analyze experimental data, interpret the results, draw conclusions, and prepare reports
- Following new technology developments and use them in the design of products
- Answer complex technical questions and develop solutions to customer challenges
- Draft and submit technical papers to promote EUV and LDLS products and applications
- Prepare in-depth technical application notes and product White Papers
- Ph.D. in Plasma Physics or Electrical Engineering.
- 10+ years of hands-on research experience in the areas of Fusion, PECVD, optics, laser technology, photonics, and/or semiconductor optical metrology
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Experience in designing and executing experiments, and analyzing experimental data
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills
- Expert in numerical methods
- Self-motivated and driven to exceed goals with minimal direction
- Up to 20% business travel
- EUV technology experience a plus (highly desirable)
- Fusion background desirable
- Experience with inductive plasmas desirable
- Modeling of plasma systems (eg - Z-pinch or laser heated discharges) a plus
- High voltage power and magnetic pulse compression experience desirable