Careers at Energetiq
Energetiq is a small, growing company introducing breakthrough products using our patented laser-driven light source technology.
Inside Sales Engineer
The Inside Sales Engineer is responsible for growing the business of broadband Laser-Driven Light Source products to end-user customers in analytical science, materials science and life science markets as well as to research and advanced manufacturing facilities. She/he will also be responsible for supporting the needs of the global sales force. The individual will have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with the team in Woburn MA and the global sales force. The person will have exceptional customer support skills, enjoy strong interactions with customer engineering and scientific personnel, and demonstrate the ability to utilize technical knowledge to get design wins and purchase orders. The ideal candidate will have the right combination of drive and strategic/tactical focus to identify and pursue key opportunities.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Provide technical support to the global sales team and inbound customer inquiries for the Laser Driven Light Source.
- Demonstrate the benefits of the technology
- Travel to meet with designated customers to support the sales team.
- Identify the key success-factors for design wins and sharing them with internal and external personnel.
- Communicate with customers and a highly technical support staff to interact effectively in a technology-rich environment.
- Take a self-directed leadership role in the support and resolution of technical and business customer-related issues.
- Keep appropriate documentation (trip reports, expense reports, various sales reports) current at all times.
- Represent the company professionally in all interactions and present capabilities and proposals in a knowledgeable and effective manner to earn the trust and respect of all stakeholders.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant product/service offerings to offer technically accurate solutions to customers.
- Participate in selected conferences and exhibitions, network effectively to build brand awareness with targeted accounts and individuals.
- BS degree or higher in a technical field
- Optical sales or customer-facing applications engineering experience.
- Strong presentation, analytical and customer service skills complimented by an aggressive and solutions- oriented track record
- Excellent English communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office; Salesforce.com or other CRM experience desired
- Location – Woburn MA
- Approximately 20% travel
- Strong preference for experience with lasers, laser optics, optics, optical metrology.
- An attention to detail and a quality minded focus. Good organizational skills.
- Ability to participate and work well in a team.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write technical correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May require the ability to lift, push and carry equipment and products weighing up to 25 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use fine dexterity of their hands including use of fingers to handle, and feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and reach with hands and arms.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.