Careers at Energetiq
Energetiq is a small, growing company introducing breakthrough products using our patented laser-driven light source technology.
Business Development Manager - Sensor and Microspectrometer Market
The Business Development Manager is responsible for design wins and account management primarily for the sensor and micro-spectrometer market. The Business Development Manager identifies opportunities for and closes on major OEM opportunities consistent with company objectives for LDLS. This role will require close coordination and communication with product management, finance, and various technical and operations managers in the company. The Business Development Manager will represent the company at trade shows, symposia, key conferences, and other networking events. This position can be located in either Woburn Massachusetts or near San Jose California.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Identify and convert new business with sensor and micro-spectrometer companies for the use of the Energetiq LDLS in their test equipment.
- Achieve “design wins” by ensuring the customer has specified the LDLS in their test equipment.
- Support existing sensor and micro-spectrometer accounts, providing outstanding relationship management to retain business and secure next generation work and other projects.
- Leverage the success from one account division to gain entry to another division and penetrate that business to identify new growth opportunities.
- Utilize planning tools and market intelligence to develop strategies and tactics to achieve sales objectives in a consistent fashion.
- Analyze bookings and backlog and participate fully in monthly and annual forecasting exercises to provide good visibility for capacity and financial planning.
- Establish pricing by working with relevant company personnel to establish price points that address specific customer's needs while satisfying company objectives.
- Communicate with customers and a highly technical support staff to interact effectively in a technology-rich environment.
- Take a self-directed leadership role in the support and resolution of technical and business customer-related issues.
- Keep appropriate documentation (trip reports, expense reports, various sales reports) current at all times.
- Represent the company professionally in all interactions and present capabilities and proposals in a knowledgeable and effective manner to earn the trust and respect of all stakeholders.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant product/service offerings to offer technically accurate solutions to customers.
- Participate in selected conferences and exhibitions, network effectively to build brand awareness with targeted accounts and individuals.
- Bachelors degree, Science or Engineering discipline
- 4 years solid and relevant experience with customer-facing role selling technical product; product management or product marketing experience a plus.
- Proven track record converting prospects into revenue generating accounts.
- Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, Powerpoint and working knowledge of Access database
- Impeccable attention to detail. Excellent organizational skills.
- Solid financial skills including experience with return on investment models and developing cost of ownership models.
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively in a team.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be thorough and persistent with a strong work ethic; willing to work extra hours to meet customer needs and company objectives.
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal. Comfortable interacting with staff at all levels within the customer organization.
- Willing to travel in and outside the USA, as needed.
- Experience with SalesForce CRM a plus