Careers at Energetiq
Energetiq is a small, growing company introducing breakthrough products using our patented laser-driven light source technology.
R&D Laboratory Technician
Energetiq is seeking an experienced, creative, enthusiastic laboratory technician to work with a diverse group of scientists and engineers to explore and create innovative light sources for applications in semiconductor manufacturing, sensor and display test, biophotonic instrumentation and science and research. This person will assist in assembling experiments, performing and documenting measurements and prototyping and characterizing products. He/she will also have a role in documenting processes and training technical personnel to support the transition of new products from R&D to manufacturing. This person will also occasionally assist the manufacturing and service teams in troubleshooting products or processes.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Assist R&D engineers in prototyping, testing, and debugging new products and product concepts.
- Maintain laboratory materials, supplies and tools inventories; monitor supply levels and re-order as necessary
- Manage calibration, repair and service of equipment as necessary.
- Manage inventory of materials for development builds
- Assist in troubleshooting and debugging of mixed signal electrical circuits
- Perform occasional re-work of electrical circuits
- Associates Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Ten years’ experience supporting engineers in an R&D environment
- Proficiency with wiring and cabling, PCB rework
- Proficiency with circuit troubleshooting
- Proficiency with electronic test equipment; oscilloscopes, DMMs, function generators, etc.
- Comfort working in a fast paced environment with many concurrent projects
- Approximately 20% travel
- Proficiency with data analysis and presentation with Excel, ideally also with more advanced tools (e.g. MatLab)
- Advanced-Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office and, ideally with MS SharePoint
- Experience with vacuum systems and equipment desired
- Experience with optical measurement techniques desired
- Experience working safely with lasers preferred