LDLS™ EQ-1500 Extreme High Brightness, Broadband Light Source
Features & Benefits
• CW laser plasma discharge
• Extreme high brightness across broad spectrum --- UV-Vis-NIR (170nm – 2100nm)
• Eliminates need for multiple lamps (replaces D2/Tungsten/Xenon Arc) --- Simplified optical system
• Excellent spatial stability --- Repeatable measurements
• Superior short and long term power stability --- Repeatable measurements
• Electrodeless operation for long life --- Reduced consumable costs --- Minimal recalibration of instrument
LDLS EQ99 Prism Award Winner - Watch Demonstration
The EQ-1500 is an extremely bright, stable, broadband light source that is specifically designed for critical spectroscopy and imaging applications. The EQ-1500 offers superior spatial and power stability for highly repeatable measurements, and provides direct imaging of the plasma for optimized coupling to the instrument. Utilizing a proprietary laser-driven bulb technology*, the EQ-1500 is ideal for applications requiring ultra-long lamp life. The EQ-1500 is available with a range of free-space broadband reflective coupling optics to match the ~200µm plasma size to the customers instrument or application. With its high brightness, small plasma, the EQ-1500 is particularly well suited to applications using narrow spectrometer slits, small diameter optical fibers or other small étendue optics.
* Patent Numbers:
Other patents applied for.